- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon red-pepper flakes
- 1 tablespoon apricot jam
- 1 skin-on salmon fillet (6 ounces)
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 1 1/2 cups broccoli florets
- Cooked brown rice, for serving
- Heat broiler with rack in middle position. In a small bowl, combine oil, soy sauce, vinegar, garlic, and red-pepper flakes. Divide mixture in half and stir jam into one half.
- Place salmon on a broilerproof rimmed baking sheet lightly coated with cooking spray. Brush salmon with jam mixture and broil until fish is opaque throughout, about 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, set a steamer basket in a saucepan with 2 inches simmering water. Add broccoli, cover, and steam until crisp-tender, 4 minutes. Toss broccoli with remaining soy sauce mixture; serve with salmon and rice.
Strategy: Double this recipe and use leftovers for an easy-to-reheat lunch. Chop the broccoli, flake the salmon, and toss with rice.