Chickpea, Melon, and Rosemary Salad
- 1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 6-inch sprig rosemary, leaves stripped and coarsely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 (15-ounce) cans chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 3 cups coarsely chopped melon, such as cantaloupe or honeydew
- 1 1/2 ounces speck (about 5 slices), thinly sliced crosswise into strips
- Zest of 1 lemon, plus 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3/4 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- In a small saute pan, combine olive oil, rosemary, and garlic. Bring to a simmer over medium heat.
- Remove from heat and toss with chickpeas in a large bowl. Stir in melon, speck, lemon zest and juice, salt, and black pepper.
Salad can be made up to one day before serving and stored in the refrigerator in an airtight container. Bring to room temperature 30 minutes before serving.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.