Roasted Chicken with Tangerines and Olives
Photography: Romulo Yanes
Everyday Food, December 2011
- Prep Time 10 minutes
- Total Time 50 minutes
- Serves 4
- 1 whole chicken (3 1/2 to 4 pounds), cut into 8 to 10 pieces (wings reserved for another use)
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 3 tangerines, unpeeled, quartered, plus 2 tablespoons tangerine juice
- 2/3 cup pitted green olives (4 ounces)
- 2 tablespoons honey
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Pat chicken dry; arrange pieces, skin side up, in a roasting pan or on a rimmed baking sheet. Season with salt and pepper. Add tangerines and olives to pan. Roast 30 minutes.
- In a small bowl, whisk together tangerine juice and honey. Remove pan from oven, brush chicken with tangerine-juice mixture, and return to oven. Roast until chicken is golden and cooked through, about 10 minutes. Serve chicken with tangerines and olives.
Great Idea: Serve this dish over couscous or alongside roasted potatoes.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.