Tangerine-Pistachio Sticky Buns
Everyday Food, December 2011
- Prep Time 15 minutes
- Total Time 50 minutes, plus resting
Yield Makes 8
- 1/2 cup packed dark-brown sugar
- 1/2 cup shelled unsalted pistachios
- 5 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- All-purpose flour, for work surface
- 1 1/2 pounds pizza dough, thawed if frozen
- 1/3 cup <u>Tangerine Marmalade</u>, or store-bought orange marmalade
- 1/4 teaspoon coarse salt
- In a food processor, pulse brown sugar and pistachios until coarsely ground. Sprinkle 3 tablespoons sugar mixture into an 8-inch round baking pan (2 inches deep) and drizzle with 2 tablespoons butter.
- On a lightly floured work surface, roll and stretch dough into a 12-by-18-inch rectangle. Spread with marmalade, leaving a 1-inch border. Top with remaining sugar mixture, sprinkle with salt, and drizzle with 3 tablespoons butter. Starting at a long edge, roll up dough like a jelly roll. Cut crosswise into 8 pieces and place in pan. Cover with plastic wrap and let rise in a warm, draft-free place until buns are puffed and begin to touch, about 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Place pan on a rimmed baking sheet and bake until buns are golden brown, about 35 minutes. Immediately run a knife around edge of pan and invert buns onto a serving platter. Serve warm.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.