- 2/3 cup low-sodium soy sauce
- 1-1/3 cup sake or dry white wine
- 1/4 cup mirin
- 1 (1-inch) piece fresh ginger, minced (2 tablespoons)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced (2 tablespoons)
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 2 pounds chicken wings, whole
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse salt
For the Vegetable Crudites
- 2 carrots, peeled and cut into sticks
- 1/2 daikon radish, peeled and sliced
- 1/2 English cucumber, cut into spears
- Preheat oven to 375, with oven rack in center position.
- Combine soy sauce, sake, mirin, ginger, garlic, and sugar in a small saucepan and boil until reduced to 1/2 cup, about 15 minutes. Transfer to a bowl and cool to room temperature.
- Toss wings in bowl with oil and salt and transfer to a baking sheet. Bake for 45 minutes, glazing and turning the wings a few times in the last 15 minutes of cooking.
- Serve warm with vegetable crudites.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.