Greek Yogurt Cake
- 12 tablespoons unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 3 large eggs, room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1 cup fat-free Greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup honey
- Orange supremes, for garnish
- Toasted walnuts, for garnish
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees with rack in middle position. Butter and flour a 9-by-3-inch springform pan.
- In a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat butter and sugar until pale and fluffy. Beat in eggs, one at a time, until fully incorporated. Beat in vanilla extract.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. In a separate bowl, stir together yogurt and honey.
- Alternately add flour mixture and yogurt to stand mixer bowl in three additions, beginning and ending with flour mixture.
- Transfer batter to prepared pan, smooth top, and bake until top is golden brown and a toothpick inserted into center of cake comes out clean, 35 to 40 minutes.
- Cool cake in pan for 10 minutes. Transfer cake to wire rack to cool completely. Slice and serve with orange supremes and walnuts.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.