Baked Sweet Potatoes
- 4 large sweet potatoes
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees with rack in center position.
- Scrub and pat potatoes dry. Pierce potatoes all over with the tines of a fork and bake in oven, directly on rack, until soft and caramelizing, 1 1/2 hours.
- Slash the tops of potatoes open with the tip of a sharp knife and push ends of each potato toward each other to open. Divide butter, salt, and pepper among potatoes and serve.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.