- 4 cups chicken stock or low-sodium chicken broth
- Neck and giblets of one 12-to 22-pound turkey
- 2 carrots, coarsely chopped
- 2 ribs celery, coarsely chopped
- 1 dried bay leaf
- 10 whole black peppercorns
- Place all ingredients in a large stockpot with 4 cups water. Bring to a boil; immediately reduce to a simmer and cook 1 1/2 to 2 hours. Strain and discard solids. Use immediately or let liquid cool completely and transfer to an airtight container.
Keep refrigerated until ready to use, up to 3 days, or frozen for up to 3 months.