- 1 pound plum tomatoes, finely chopped
- 1 small green bell pepper, finely chopped
- 1/2 large white onion, finely chopped
- 1 cup white vinegar
- 1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons coarse salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon granulated sugar
- Place all ingredients in a medium bowl and stir to combine. Let stand at room temperature for at least 2 hours and up to 8 hours, stirring occasionally.
Vinaigrette can be made up to 1 week ahead and stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator.