Dress up a plain potted plant with a touch of sparkling paint and some decorative holiday notions. This how-to comes from Hannah Milman, executive editorial director of crafts.
Tools and Materials
- Terra-cotta pot
- Primer (flat-finish paint) in same color as project paint
- Pearl metallic or glitter project paint
- Live topiary or ornament tree
- Rocks (optional)
- Gold glittered pinecones, ornaments, and/or LED ultraslim wire lights
Painted Holiday Pot How-To
- Use primer to paint first coat on terra-cotta pot. Let dry. Paint pot with pearl metallic or glitter project paint.
- Plant or cachepot a live topiary in pot; alternatively, fill pot with rocks and "plant" an ornament tree.
- Embellish with glittered gold pinecones, LED ultraslim wire lights, and ornaments to your liking.