Mad Hungry, November 2011
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 pounds scallops, cleaned and patted dry (about 30)
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse salt
- 2 teaspoons sherry vinegar
- 1 tablespoon salt-packed capers, rinsed and chopped
- 2 tablespoons golden raisins, chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- 1/4 teaspoons freshly grated nutmeg, optional
- Preheat a large cast-iron skillet over medium-high heat. Melt 3 tablespoons butter in skillet. When foam subsides, add scallops in a single layer, being careful not to crowd pan. Season scallops with salt and cook, undisturbed, 2 minutes.
- Flip scallops and continue cooking until scallops are firm to the touch, about 1 minute more. Transfer scallops to a serving platter.
- Add vinegar, capers, raisins, and parsley to skillet and cook, 30 seconds.
- Stir in remaining tablespoon butter and lemon juice. Remove from heat and pour over scallops. Grate nutmeg over scallops and serve immediately.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.