A polenta side dish is the perfect warm and comforting accompaniment for Classic Meatballs. This recipe comes from Daniel Holzman and Michael Chernow's "The Meatball Shop Cookbook."
The Martha Stewart Show
- 1 teaspoon coarse salt
- 2 cups coarsely ground cornmeal or grits (not instant polenta)
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 4 tablespoons (1/2 stick) unsalted butter
- In a medium pot over high heat, bring 9 cups water and salt to a rolling boil. Whisk in cornmeal and continue to whisk until water begins to boil again. Decrease heat to low; continue to cook, stirring every 5 minutes, for 1 hour.
- Remove from heat and whisk in cream, Parmesan, and butter. Let stand 10 minutes before serving.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.