Roasted Cauliflower with Hot Cherry Peppers and Bread Crumbs
Serve this simple and flavorful veggie dish with Classic Meatballs and Creamy Polenta for a tasty weeknight dinner. This recipe comes from Daniel Holzman and Michael Chernow's "The Meatball Shop Cookbook."
The Martha Stewart Show, November 2011
- 1 large head cauliflower, cored and cut into florets
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons coarse salt, plus more as needed
- 1/2 cup finely sliced, stemmed, and seeded hot cherry peppers
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1/2 cup crushed Garlic Croutons or store-bought croutons
- Preheat oven to 500 degrees.
- Place cauliflower florets in a small roasting pan. Add olive oil and salt and toss until cauliflower is well coated.
- Transfer baking dish to oven and roast until edges begin to brown, about 15 minutes. Toss cauliflower and continue to roast, tossing every 5 minutes, until tender but firm and well browned all over, about 10 minutes.
- Remove cauliflower from oven and transfer to a large mixing bowl. Add cherry peppers, pepper juice, and parsley; toss to combine and season with salt. Transfer to a serving dish and sprinkle with crushed croutons just before serving.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.