Sun-Dried Tomato-Parmesan Crisps
Serve with Classic Tomato Soup.
Mad Hungry, November 2011
- 3 tablespoons sun-dried tomato paste (or regular tomato paste)
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- All-purpose flour, for dusting
- 1 piece store-bought puff pastry, thawed
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees, with oven rack in center position.
- In a small bowl, combine sun-dried tomato paste and olive oil.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll out puff pastry to 12-inch square. Transfer to a parchment-lined baking sheet.
- Spread tomato paste mixture evenly over puff pastry with a rubber spatula. Top with cheese and black pepper. Using a pizza wheel, cut into quarters in one direction and sixths in the other to yield 24 pieces.
- Bake 20 to 22 minutes until puffed and golden. Let cool to room temperature on cooling rack before serving.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.