- 1/2 cup finely chopped shallots (from 2 large shallots)
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic (from 3 cloves)
- 10 ounces spinach, rinsed well
- Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
- 2 medium-ripe Hass avocados, chilled
- 1 cup nonfat Greek yogurt
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 1/2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 12 ounces sugar snap peas
- 9 small slices pumpernickel bread, cut into triangles
- Heat oil in large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Cook shallots and garlic, stirring often, until tender, about 4 minutes. Add spinach and 3/4 teaspoon salt. Cook, covered, until wilted, about 4 minutes. Uncover. Cook until liquid evaporates, about 7 minutes. Refrigerate until cooled, about 25 minutes.
- Meanwhile, puree avocados, yogurt, lemon juice, and 1/4 teaspoon salt in a food processor until smooth. Season with pepper. Finely chop spinach mixture. Stir in avocado puree. Serve with snap peas and bread for dipping.
Dip can be refrigerated with plastic wrap pressed directly onto surface for up to 2 hours.