Savor the wonderful flavors of coffee in this elegant frozen dessert.
The Martha Stewart Show, November 2011
- 1/2 cup coffee beans, coarsely ground
- 3 cups boiling water
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- Place coffee beans in a French press and add boiling water; stir and let stand for 4 minutes. Press down and pour into a medium bowl; add sugar and stir to dissolve.
- Prepare an ice-water bath. Set bowl in ice water bath; stir until coffee is cooled. Pour coffee into a 9-by 13-inch glass baking dish and transfer to freezer; freeze until ice crystals start to form, about 45 minutes. Using the tines of a fork, stir ice crystals into center. Return dish to freezer; freeze for 1 hour more.
- Place cream in the chilled bowl of an electric mixer fitted with a chilled whisk attachment; beat until soft peaks form.
- Using the tines of a fork, scrape surface of granita to form icy flakes; divide ice crystals evenly among four glasses or serving bowls. Top each with a dollop of whipped cream; serve immediately.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.