Crudites with Italian Vinaigrette
Source: Mad Hungry, March 2011
- 1 clove garlic, smashed
- 1/4 cup white wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 large egg yolk
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon dried Italian herbs
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon granulated sugar
- 1 1/4 cups safflower oil
- Crudite vegetables, such as red pepper, carrot, celery, cucumber, fennel, cherry tomatoes
- In the bowl of a blender combine garlic, vinegar, lemon juice, egg yolk, Parmesan, Italian herbs, salt, pepper, and sugar. Puree until smooth.
- With motor running on lowest speed, slowly add oil in a thin stream. Transfer vinaigrette to a serving bowl.
- Serve with your favorite crudites or as a dressing for salads.
Dressing can be stored in the refrigerator in a container with a tight-fitting lid for up to a day.
© 2015 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.