Orange-Almond Cake with Buttercream Frosting
- 2 recipes <u>Orange-Almond Cake ("Martha Bakes" variation)</u>
- 3 recipes Buttercream Frosting
- Using a serrated knife, trim tops of 8-inch round cakes to make level. Place four strips of parchment paper around perimeter of a serving plate or lazy Susan. Place first layer on cake plate. Spread frosting over first layer with a small offset spatula so it extends just beyond edges.
- Place remaining layer on top, bottom side up. Gently sweep away any loose crumbs with a pastry brush. Using an offset spatula, cover top and sides with a thin layer of frosting (also use any of the excess frosting visible between the layers). Refrigerate until set, about 30 minutes.
- Using an offset spatula, cover cake again with remaining frosting. Repeat process with 6-inch round cakes. Serve.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.