Mad Hungry, March 2011
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 pounds asparagus, cut on the bias into 2-inch pieces
- 1 teaspoon coarse salt
- Rounded 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- Juice of one lemon
- Shaved Parmesan cheese, to taste
- Heat oil in a large skillet over high heat. When oil shimmers, add asparagus, salt, and pepper. Saute, stirring frequently, until asparagus is crisp-tender, about 3 minutes.
- Stir in lemon zest and cook 1 minute more.
- Add lemon juice to skillet and stir a few times. Remove from heat, transfer to a serving platter, and shave Parmesan over top. Serve immediately.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.