Baked Eggs with Bacon, Cheese, and Herbs
Serve eggs in individual ramekins for a lovely breakfast party with this recipe from "Martha's Entertaining."
The Martha Stewart Show, October 2011
- 4 ounces bacon (4 strips), diced
- 1 tablespoon snipped fresh chives
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 12 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons crumbled fresh goat cheese
- 2 tablespoons grated fontina, Gruyere, or mild white cheddar cheese
- Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Cook bacon in a medium saute pan over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until crisp, 6 to 8 minutes. Drain on a paper towel-lined plate. In a small bowl, combine chives and parsley.
- Butter six 8-ounce ramekins, and add bacon to each, dividing evenly. Crack two eggs into each ramekin, being careful not to break the yolks. Place ramekins in a roasting pan, and pour in enough steaming hot water to reach halfway up the sides of ramekins. Cover pan tightly with foil; bake 20 minutes.
- Carefully remove pan from oven. Dividing evenly, sprinkle two ramekins carefully with goat cheese; sprinkle another two ramekins with fontina. Top each of remaining two ramekins with 1 tablespoon mixed herbs. Cover pan again and continue baking for another 10 minutes. Remove pan from oven.
- Using tongs, carefully remove ramekins from water bath. Season eggs with salt and pepper, and serve immediately.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.