Chef Christina Tosi uses this snackable cornflake mixture in her Cornflake-Chocolate-Chip-Marshmallow Cookies from the "Momofuku Milk Bar" cookbook.
The Martha Stewart Show, October 2011
- 1/2 (12-ounce) box cornflakes (about 5 cups)
- 1/2 cup milk powder
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon coarse salt
- 9 tablespoons melted butter
- Preheat oven to 275 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a nonstick baking mat; set aside.
- Place cornflakes in a medium bowl. Using your hands, crush to one-quarter of their original size. Add milk powder, sugar, and salt; toss to combine. Add butter and toss to form small clusters.
- Spread cornflake mixture in an even layer on prepared baking sheet. Transfer to oven and bake until clusters are toasted and smell buttery, about 20 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool completely.
Cornflake crunch can be stored in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 1 week, and refrigerated or frozen for up to 1 month.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.