- 4 slices bacon
- 1 6-ounce boneless skinless chicken breast half, butterflied into fillets
- 3/4 teaspoon coarse salt, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 3 slices white bread, lightly toasted
- 2 tablespoons Classic Mayonnaise
- 1/2 avocado, thinly sliced
- 2 1/4-inch-thick slices beefsteak tomato
- Iceberg leaves, torn
- 2 small dill pickles
- Cook bacon in a 10-inch saute pan or cast iron skillet over medium heat until crisp, about 5 minutes. Transfer bacon to a paper towel-lined plate to drain, reserving 2 tablespoons of fat in pan.
- Season chicken with 1/2 teaspoon salt, 1/8 teaspoon pepper, and Italian seasoning. Heat pan with reserved fat over medium-high heat. Cook chicken, flipping once, until golden brown in places and cooked through, 3-4 minutes total. Transfer to a cutting board and thinly slice on the bias.
- Lay toasted bread slices side by side on a clean work surface and divide mayonnaise between them. Divide chicken between two slices of bread, followed by avocado, bacon, and tomato slices. Season with remaining salt and pepper. Top with lettuce, place one bread "stack" on top of the other, and close sandwich with remaining slice of bread.
- Spear each pickle with a 6- to 8-inch wooden or metal skewer and secure two corners of the sandwich from top to bottom with skewers. Cut sandwich in half and serve immediately.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.