- 1/4 cup peanut oil
- 1 large shallot, minced (1/4 cup)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced (1 tablespoon)
- 1 2-inch piece ginger, peeled and minced (2 tablespoons)
- 1/4 cup low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 pound flank steak, sliced 1/8-inch thick against the grain
- 20 wooden skewers
- Thai Peanut Sauce
- Soak wooden skewers in water for 30 minutes and drain.
- In an 8-by-8-inch baking dish or wide shallow bowl, whisk together peanut oil, shallot, garlic, ginger, soy sauce, turmeric, coriander, lime juice, and black pepper. Add steak, tossing to combine, and marinate at least one hour and up to four hours.
- Preheat grill over medium-high heat. Thread one slice steak onto each skewer. Grill, turning once, just until cooked through, about 2 minutes total.
- Serve immediately with Thai peanut dipping sauce.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.