Although your kids might happily stay outside in the snow until their lips turn blue, entice them inside with a cup of cocoa -- and an edible snowman.
- To make the body, use a knife to cut one marshmallow in half crosswise. Cut a circle from one half with a 1-inch round cutter; and a circle from the other half with a 1 1/4-inch round cutter (warm the cutters first in hot water, and dry).
- Trim the body-circle so the head-circle nestles in tight. Roll each piece in sanding sugar.
- For the hat, cut another marshmallow crosswise into thirds, and another crosswise into quarters. Cut one of the quarters with a warmed 1-inch cutter to make the brim, and cut a third with a warmed 1/2-inch frosting piping tip to make the hat's top.
- For the scarf, cut thin strips from the remnants. Coat pieces and strips in red sanding sugar.
- Thread marshmallows onto a skewer. Drape scarf pieces around neck, and cross at the front, pinching to stick.
- Press in black sprinkles for eyes and buttons, and an orange one for the nose, poking spots first with a skewer to create holes.