Photography: Johnny Miller
Martha Stewart Living, December 2011
- Dip 1 end of a toothpick into glue, and insert into a foam ball; repeat, making your way around the ball until you have a circle of 8 toothpicks. Continue working around the ball in circles.
- Use paintbrush to apply glue to toothpicks and ball in sections, and spoon glitter over to coat. Let dry.
- Glue silver beads or glass balls to ends of toothpicks. Let dry. To hang, make a loop with the cord, and tie it to 1 of the toothpick ends below the bead before gluing.
- Craft glue
- 1-inch foam balls, createforless.com
- Small paintbrush
- Silver glitter
- Silver beads, 8 mm (or small glass ball picks, ledchristmaslighting.com)
- Metallic cord
Tip: We used 22 toothpicks per ornament, but you can use more or less.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.