For the Tangerine Version
- 1 tangerine, preferably organic, washed well
For the Vanilla-Cardamom Version
- 5 cardamom pods, lightly crushed
- 1 vanilla bean, split lengthwise
For the Pine and Juniper Version
- 3 unsprayed spruce or other pine sprigs (about 2 inches long; chefsgarden.com)
- 5 juniper berries, lightly crushed
- For the tangerine version: Remove peel from tangerine in long strips using a vegetable peeler, making sure not to include any white pith. Add peel directly to bottle of vodka. For the vanilla-cardamom version: Add cardamom pods and vanilla bean directly to bottle of vodka. For the pine and juniper version: Add pine sprigs and juniper berries directly to bottle of vodka.
- Let vodka stand at room temperature in a cool, dark place for 2 to 3 days, depending on desired strength of flavor. Strain; discard solids.
Strained vodkas can be stored at room temperature for up to 1 month.