- All-purpose flour, for work surface
- 1 (17 1/2-ounce) package puff pastry
- 1 large egg
- 20 hot dogs, halved horizontally
- Mustard, for serving
- On a lightly floured work surface, roll out one sheet of puff pastry into a 14-by-10-inch rectangle. Cut lengthwise into twenty 1/2-inch-wide strips. Repeat process with remaining sheet of puff pastry.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a nonstick baking mat. In a small bowl, whisk together egg with 1 tablespoon water. Place one hot dog half on the narrow end of one strip of puff pastry. Wrap hot dog in puff pastry, spiraling down to enclose like a mummy; brush with egg mixture to adhere. Transfer to prepared baking sheet. Repeat process with remaining hot dog halves and puff pastry. Brush tops of wrapped hot dogs with egg mixture; transfer to refrigerator to chill for 15 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Transfer baking sheets to oven and bake until puffed and golden, 20 to 25 minutes. Let cool slightly before serving with mustard.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.