Broccoli and Cauliflower with Bacon Vinaigrette
Everyday Food, November 2011
- 1 head cauliflower, cored and cut into florets (about 8 cups)
- 1 bunch broccoli, cut into florets (about 7 cups)
- 6 slices bacon
- 1 shallot, diced small
- 1/4 cup sherry vinegar
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- Set a steamer basket in a saucepan with 2 inches simmering water. Add cauliflower, cover, and steam until tender, 10 minutes. Transfer to a serving dish. Repeat with broccoli.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook bacon over medium-high until crisp, about 8 minutes, flipping once. With tongs, transfer bacon to paper towels to drain. Reduce heat to medium, add shallot, and cook until translucent, about 3 minutes. Carefully whisk in sherry vinegar and season with salt and pepper. Immediately pour over vegetables. Crumble bacon and add to vegetables; toss to combine.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.