Sour Cream Mashed Potatoes
Photography: Johnny Miller
Everyday Food, November 2011
- 4 1/2 pounds russet potatoes (about 7 medium), peeled and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 3/4 cup whole milk
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) unsalted butter
- 1 cup sour cream
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- In a large pot, bring potatoes to a boil in salted water over high. Reduce to a rapid simmer and cook until potatoes are tender when pierced with a knife, about 15 minutes. Drain and return to pot. Mash until potatoes are fluffy and almost smooth.
- In a small saucepan, heat milk and butter over medium-low until butter is melted and mixture is warm. Pour into potatoes and stir to combine. Stir in sour cream and season with salt and pepper.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.