Make sure your lab looks the part before conducting your mad scientist experiments.
Tools and Materials
- Flame-retardant plastic
- Rubber gloves
- Brown paint
- Staples and/or tape
- Printed images and clip-art
- Clear plastic trash bags
- Old X-rays (optional)
- Light boxes (optional)
- Variety of household items
Lab Decorations How-To
- Secure flame-retardant plastic to walls. Wearing rubber gloves, smear brown paint onto plastic-covered wall. Crumple printed images, unfurl, and staple onto walls. Splatter with bits of brown paint.
- Shred clear plastic trash bags and staple or tape over entire area.
- Place old x-rays on light boxes around the room, if desired. (Tip: In place of real X-rays, make your own by printing onto transparency paper on your home printer.)
- Add household items such as tinfoil, hoses, and bottles as finishing touches.
Clip art available online at Vintage Printable and Clipart History.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.