Sweet Potato Fries with Brown-Butter Marshmallow Sauce
Serving sweet potato fries with marshmallow sauce is whimsical around Thanksgiving. The rest of the year, try them with a blue cheese dressing.
Everyday Food, November 2011
- Prep Time 10 minutes
- Total Time 45 minutes
- Yield Serves 6
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 3 large sweet potatoes, cut into 1/2-inch wedges
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 6 tablespoons (3/4 stick) unsalted butter
- 3/4 cup marshmallow creme
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup toasted pecans, chopped (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Lightly coat a rimmed baking sheet with cooking spray. On sheet, toss sweet potatoes with oil and season with salt and pepper. Arrange in a single layer and bake until tender and golden brown, about 40 minutes, flipping once.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, heat butter over medium, swirling pan occasionally, until golden brown and most of the foam has subsided, about 8 minutes. Immediately pour into a small bowl and let cool slightly. In a medium bowl, whisk together marshmallow creme and sour cream, then stir in brown butter and salt to taste. Serve sweet potato fries warm with sauce and sprinkle with pecans, if desired.
To store, refrigerate sauce in an airtight container, up to 1 day. Bring to room temperature before serving.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.