Fried Lake Fish
This perch recipe couldn't be simpler: Season, sear, and you're done.
- 4 (6-ounce) pike or perch fish fillets
- 1 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup Wondra flour
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 lemon, cut into wedges, for garnish
- Season fish fillets with salt and pepper and dust with flour.
- Heat butter and oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Place fish in skillet, skin side down, and cook 4 minutes, until skin is crispy and brown. Gently turn fish and continue cooking, just until cooked through and fish flakes when pierced with the tines of a fork, 3-4 minutes more.
- Transfer fish to serving plates, garnish with lemon wedges, and serve immediately with a Relish Platter.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.