Roasted Rutabagas with Maple Syrup and Chile
The fall root vegetable makes for a sweet, flavorful side in a recipe from "Cook This Now" author Melissa Clark.
- 1 1/2 pounds rutabagas, peeled and cut into 3/4-inch cubes
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon pure maple syrup
- 3/4 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- In a large bowl, combine rutabagas, oil, maple syrup, salt, and cayenne; toss until well combined. Spread rutabagas in a single layer on a large baking sheet. Roast, tossing occasionally, until rutabagas are tender and dark golden, about 40 minutes.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.