Vidalia onion adds a subtle sweetness to this crunchy coleslaw.
Mad Hungry, March 2011
- 1 Vidalia onion, halved and thinly sliced
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon celery seeds
- 1/2 medium green cabbage, cored, quartered, and thinly sliced (8 cups)
- Place onions in a bowl, cover with cold water, and steep 10 minutes.
- In a large bowl, whisk together mayonnaise, sour cream, apple cider vinegar, salt, pepper, and celery seeds.
- Drain onions. Add to bowl along with cabbage and stir until well combined. Cover and store in fridge. Remove from fridge 30 minutes before serving.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.