- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 head broccoli, trimmed and cut into florets
- 1 garlic clove, thinly sliced
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 2 teaspoons finely grated lemon zest plus 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice (from 1 lemon)
- 1/2 ounce Parmesan, grated (1/4 cup)
- 1/2 cup chopped toasted walnuts
- In a large skillet, heat olive oil over medium-high. Add broccoli and cook until broccoli begins to brown, about 4 minutes. Add garlic, and cook, stirring occasionally, until broccoli is crisp-tender and garlic begins to brown, about 3 minutes. Add red-pepper flakes, season with salt and pepper, and transfer to a serving bowl. Toss with lemon zest and lemon juice, Parmesan, and walnuts. Serve warm or at room temperature.
This side is good with tuna casserole, pasta, or steak.