Spicy Deviled Eggs
Up the freak-out factor of your Halloween spread with a creepy cocktail and a classic hors d'oeuvre with some spice and spark.
Everyday Food, October 2011
- 8 large eggs
- 1/3 cup jarred roasted red peppers, patted dry
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 3 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoon hot sauce, such as Tabasco
- Ground pepper
- Poppy seeds, for serving
- In a medium pot, cover eggs with cold water by 1 inch. Bring to a boil over high, cover, and immediately remove from heat. Let sit 11 minutes. Transfer eggs to a colander and run under cold water until cool enough to handle.
- Meanwhile, in a food processor, combine red peppers, mayonnaise, mustard, and hot sauce and process until smooth, about 1 minute. Peel eggs and halve lengthwise; remove yolks, leaving whites intact. Add yolks to food processor with red-pepper mixture and process until mixture is smooth, scraping down side as needed. Season to taste with pepper. Pipe or spoon yolk mixture into whites. Sprinkle with poppy seeds before serving.
Refrigerate deviled eggs, without peppy seeds, in airtight containers, up to 3 hours.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.