Beef and Pineapple Red Curry
Everyday Food, October 2011
- Prep Time 30 minutes
- Total Time 30 minutes
- Serves 4
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup red curry paste
- 1 pound sirloin steak, trimmed and cut against the grain into very thin strips
- 1/2 pound green beans, trimmed and cut in half crosswise
- 2 cups large diced pineapple (12 ounces)
- 1 1/2 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 cup unsweetened coconut milk
- Cooked jasmine rice, for serving
- 1/2 cup fresh basil leaves, torn
- In a large skillet or wok, heat oil over medium-high. Add curry paste and cook, stirring, until fragrant, 30 seconds. Add steak and cook, stirring, until browned, 2 minutes. Add green beans and pineapple and cook, stirring, until pineapple starts to release juices, 1 minute. Add broth and coconut milk and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and cook at a rapid simmer until green beans are crisp-tender, 8 minutes. Serve over rice, topped with basil.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.