Gingham French-Press Cozy
A French press makes great coffee, but the drink cools quickly. A cozy keeps it warm.
Photography: Dana Gallagher
- Baste twill tape to the upper and lower side corners of the gingham.
- With right sides facing, sew gingham to linen on 3 sides, with a 1/2-inch seam allowance, leaving the bottom open.
- Trim corners and cut seam allowance to 1/4 inch. Turn right side out, and press.
- Insert batting, and hand-stitch the bottom edge closed.
- Using gingham’s pattern as stitch guide, quilt (by hand or machine) through all layers.
- Sewing machine (optional) and sewing supplies
- Four 10-inch strips of twill tape
- 1 piece of gingham fabric, 6 by 14 3/4 inches
- 1 piece of batting, 5 by 13 3/4 inches
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.