A popular libation at tiki-themed gatherings, this refreshing rendition calls for passion fruit and three different fruit juices.
Mad Hungry, March 2011
- 1 fresh passion fruit (optional)
- 1 1/4 cups fresh or canned pineapple juice
- 1/4 cup freshly squeezed orange juice
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lime juice
- 2 ounces light rum
- 2 ounces dark rum
- 1 ounce orange-flavored liqueur, such as Triple Sec or Cointreau
- 1 small pineapple, thinly sliced, for garnish (optional)
- Halve passion fruit crosswise, if using. Press flesh through a sieve set over a small bowl to extract juice; discard solids.
- Combine passion fruit, pineapple, orange, and lime juices in a cocktail shaker. Add rums and orange liqueur, and shake well. Fill two 16-ounce highball glasses halfway with crushed ice; strain juice mixture into glasses, dividing evenly. Garnish with a pineapple slice, if desired.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.