Roasted Mixed Cabbages
You can use any assortment of firm vegetables, such as a mix of brussels sprouts, turnips, cabbages, and shallots, for this recipe.
Photography: Marcus Nilsson
Martha Stewart Living, November 2011
- Prep Time 20 minutes
- Total Time 1 hour 35 minutes
- Serves 8
- 3 1/4 pounds red cabbage (from 2 heads), cored and cut into 3/4-inch-thick wedges
- 2 pounds green cabbage, cored and cut into 3/4-inch-thick wedges
- 6 thyme sprigs
- 2 tablespoons plus 1 1/2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Toss cabbages with thyme and oil. Season with salt and pepper.
- Roast cabbages on 2 rimmed baking sheets, tossing every 15 minutes, until tender and slightly charred, about 1 hour 15 minutes.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.