Subbing edamame for the usual chickpeas transforms this into a dip that's unexpected.
Photography: Marcus Nilsson
Martha Stewart Living, November 2011
- Prep Time 15 minutes
- Total Time 1 hour 10 minutes
- Serves 8
Yield Makes 2 3/4 cups
- 1 pound frozen shelled edamame, thawed
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice (from 2 lemons)
- 2 tablespoons tahini
- 2 medium garlic cloves, smashed
- Coarse salt
- Steam edamame in a basket insert set over a pan of simmering water until tender, 8 to 10 minutes. Let cool completely.
- Puree edamame, 3/4 cup water, lemon juice, tahini, garlic, and 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon salt in a food processor until smooth (mixture will be slightly grainy). Transfer to a bowl, and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
Storage: Hummus can be refrigerated for up to 2 days.
Serving idea: Serve hummus with assorted crudites and breadsticks.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.