- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup ground toasted, skinned hazelnuts
- 2 sticks unsalted butter, cut into pieces
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup ice water
- Pulse flour, hazelnuts, and 1/4 teaspoon salt in a food processor until combined. Add butter, and pulse until mixture resembles coarse meal, about 10 seconds. Drizzle 1/4 cup ice water evenly over mixture, and pulse until it just begins to hold together (dough should not be wet or sticky). If dough is too dry, add more water, 1 tablespoon at a time, and pulse.
- Divide dough in half, and shape each half into a rectangle. Wrap in plastic wrap. Refrigerate until firm, about 1 hour. Let stand for 10 minutes before rolling.
Make ahead: Dough can be refrigerated overnight or frozen for up to 3 months. Let chilled dough stand at room temperature for 10 minutes and frozen dough thaw before using.