Carve an eye-catching serving bowl for this dip (and any others): Cut about a 4-inch-diameter round out of the top of a head of cabbage using a paring knife, then scrape out the center using a large metal spoon.
Photography: Marcus Nilsson
Martha Stewart Living, November 2011
- Prep Time 40 minutes
- Total Time 1 hour
- Serves 8
Yield Makes 3 1/2 cups
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 3 medium leeks, white and pale-green parts only, thinly sliced crosswise and rinsed well (about 3 cups)
- 2 cups sour cream
- 6 ounces soft goat cheese
- 6 strips bacon, cooked until crisp and coarsely chopped
- Coarse salt
- Melt butter in a large skillet over medium-low heat. Cook leeks, stirring often, until caramelized, about 35 minutes. Transfer to a bowl and let cool.
- Stir in sour cream, goat cheese, bacon, and 1 1/2 teaspoons salt.
Dip can be refrigerated for up to 1 day. Serving idea: Serve dip with assorted crudites and breadsticks.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.