- Coarse salt
- 1 pound broccolini (1 to 2 bunches)
- 2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 lemon, zested into thin strips and juiced
- Prepare an ice-water bath. Bring a large pot of generously salted water to a boil. Cook broccolini until tender, about 4 minutes. Drain, and transfer broccolini to ice-water bath. Drain again and pat dry with paper towels.
- Heat oil in a large high-sided skillet over medium-high heat. Cook lemon zest until sizzling, about 30 seconds. Add broccolini and cook until warmed through. Transfer to a platter and season with salt and lemon juice.
Blanched broccolini can be refrigerated for up to 2 days. Saute with lemon zest just before serving.