Stenciling All Over
- Cut individual shapes from stencils with scissors or a craft knife.
- Spray stencil adhesive spray on the back of the stencil. Place stencil on item. Tape around stencil with stencil tape to secure and mask outer edges.
- Use foam pouncers to apply paint within stencil lines. Use tape to mask between sections as you go, if necessary.
- Peel off stencil and place in a dish of water for easy clean-up.
- Repeat with more stencil shapes, if desired. Allow paint to dry before using or displaying item.
- Craft paint
- Stencil set
- Items for embellishing, such as a wood art panel, solid pillow cover, or ceramic plate.
- Foam pouncers
- Stencil adhesive spray
- Stencil tape
- Dish or bowl of water
Stencil virtually anywhere -- on a wood panel, a pillow cover, or a ceramic plate -- with just a few inexpensive materials.
Resources: "On the Farm" stencil set, paint, and foam pouncers available from Martha Stewart Crafts. Wood panels available from Walnut Hollow.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.