Here's a rainy-day craft to try with the kids: a colorful embellished umbrella, made with a fun paint pouncing technique.
- Remove caps from paint bottles and attach pouncer tops.
- Start paint flowing by pressing pouncer down on a scrap of paper and squeezing bottle gently.
- Place cardboard behind umbrella fabric for leverage. To make a circle, press down paint bottle, compressing pouncer, and squeeze gently as you twist.
- Make 5 circle "petals" in clusters to form flower shapes around umbrella; vary colors if desired. Let dry.
- Use another color to make the flower centers. Let open umbrella dry overnight before closing or using.
- Craft paint in a variety of colors
- Foam pouncer tops for paint bottles
- Scraps of paper and cardboard
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.