Bruschetta with Ricotta-Lemon Spread
This quick appetizer comes together in minutes, and the spread will keep in the refrigerator up to a week.
- 1 baguette, sliced on bias
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 2 teaspoons finely grated lemon zest
- Coarse salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh oregano, finely chopped
- Brush baguette slices with olive oil, grill until toasted. Rub slices with raw garlic clove.
- Stir together ricotta, zest, olive oil, basil, and oregano. Season with salt and pepper. Spread can be refrigerated, in an airtight container, up to 1 week.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.