This homemade flatbread goes well with Roasted-Eggplant Dip.
Mad Hungry, March 2011
Yield Yields 12 6-inch flatbreads
- 1 pound pizza dough
- Extra virgin olive oil, for rolling dough
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoon finely chopped oregano, plus more if needed
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped parsley
- 2 teaspoons flake sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon red-pepper flakes
- On a lightly floured work surface, divide dough into twelve pieces. Roll each piece of dough into a ball with lightly oiled hands and transfer to an oiled rimmed baking sheet.
- In a small bowl combine garlic, oregano, parsley, salt, and red-pepper flakes.
- Heat a large cast iron skillet over medium-high heat. Using your palms and fingers, hold a piece of dough in mid-air and stretch into a 6-inch circle. Place in center of skillet, sprinkle with a pinch of the spice mixture, and cook, undisturbed, 1 1/2 minutes, or until dough bubbles and blackens in spots along the bottom. Flip and continue cooking until blackened in spots on the second side, about 1 minute more. Transfer to a serving board or platter and repeat cooking process with remaining dough.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.