The Martha Stewart Show
- With masking tape, mask edges of each shoe, being sure to cover the rubber soles as well as the toe area.
- To create glitter mixture, add one part glitter to two parts mod podge and mix thoroughly with a craft stick.
- With a fine art brush, paint a layer of glitter mixture onto each shoe and let dry 10-15 minutes.
- Paint on additional coats of glitter mixture until each shoe is completely covered and no white space is showing. Let dry completely.
- Once dry, remove all tape and use a craft knife or the edge of your fingernail to scrape dried glitter from grommets and soles.
- Use E-6000 adhesive to adhere gemstone embellishments to toe area.
- To finish shoes, use a metallic silver Sharpie marker to color in the grommets and then lace them up.
- Masking tape
- Mod Podge
- Craft stick
- Fine art paintbrushes
- Craft knife (optional)
- Gemstone embellishments
- E-6000 multipurpose adhesive
- Metallic silver Sharpie marker
Trendy glittered sneakers can be yours without breaking the bank -- make your own with this how-to from designer and blogger Erica Chan Coffman.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.