This recipe for creamy polenta is a wonderful complement to stuffed calamari.
The Martha Stewart Show, December Holiday 2007
- 5 cups milk
- 1 cup coarse grain polenta
- 1/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- Coarse salt and freshly ground black pepper
- In a large, deep saucepan bring milk to a boil over medium-high heat. While whisking constantly, add polenta in a slow, steady stream. Reduce heat to medium, cook until thickened, stirring occasionally with a wooden spoon, about 15 minutes. Remove pan from heat and stir in cheese, heavy cream, and butter. Season with salt and pepper.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.